KIDSGROVE: Michael Parker, aged 28, of Ravenscliffe Road, Kidsgrove, is due to be committed to Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court accused of criminal damage to a window at Norton on March 25 and possession of an offensive weapon on the same date. Matthew Parker, aged 20, of Ford Green Road, Smallthorne, also appeared before North Staffordshire magistrates accused of criminal damage, assault and possession of an offensive weapon. Both defendants will be committed to crown court on October 12.
CHELL: Teenager Myles Minyaka was fined £150 with £625 costs and a £15 victim surcharge by North Staffordshire magistrates.
The 19-year-old, of Batkin Close, Chell, had pleaded not guilty at an earlier hearing but was convicted of using threatening words and behaviour after a trial in his absence after he failed to turn up. He admitted failing to answer his bail and breach of a conditional discharge.
He was given a further six-month conditional discharge for that matter.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
BIDDULPH: Former squaddie, James Haydon, aged 34, of Smithy Lane, Biddulph, has denied failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis at Etruria on September 17.
He will stand trial at North Staffordshire Magistrates Court on November 30 and was unconditionally bailed.
HANFORD: Terence Ogden, aged 72, of Danehill Grove, Hanford, is accused of failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis at Etruria on July 8. North Staffordshire magistrates adjourned the case until October 26. Ogden has pleaded not guilty.
UTTOXETER: Firefighters were called out after an elderly woman mistakenly placed a plastic kettle on a hob.
Crews attended the incident at a bungalow in Moor Grove at 2.14pm yesterday. The woman was not hurt, but firefighters carried out a fire risk check at the property after dealing with the incident.