Warning after house blaze
FAMILIES have been warned about the dangers of placing tea towels on cookers after a house blaze.
Firefighters were called to a house in Heronswood, at Wildwood, Stafford, just after 12.50pm on Thursday.
They discovered a tea towel had been placed over a grill to dry and the grill had mistakenly been turned on by the elderly residents.
Stafford station manager Phil Smith said: "We would like to remind people to consider where they leave combustible items and avoid leaving anything that could catch fire anywhere near a heat source.
"It's not uncommon for ovens, grills or hobs to be turned on by mistake."