Stoke City: Midfielder Florent Cuvelier looks to secure loan move
STOKE midfielder Florent Cuvelier is ready to pack his bags and go out on loan for the rest of the season.
An un-named Championship club has already expressed an interest in the 20-year-old Belgium youth international ahead of next Thursday's transfer deadline.
And League One Walsall have told him they will take him back for the season's run-in after two previous loan spells with the Saddlers.
"I have had a few offers, but I am keeping my options open. I need to go somewhere that I am sure I will be playing every week," he said.
"The target would also be to try to get to a club which is playing for promotion or fighting relegation so there is something to play for.
"When I first arrived at Walsall last season I had no experience of first-team football and they were fighting for survival.
"It was a great experience. We managed to stay up and I scored a few goals and played every game."
Cuvelier's second loan spell at Walsall earlier this season was cut short by fitness problems after picking up a couple of hamstring injuries.
But he has since recovered and is now ready for first-team football in the lower leagues during the climax to the current campaign.
Cuvelier, who joined Stoke from Portsmouth in the summer of 2010, has 15 months left on his contract at the Britannia and hopes for an extended loan spell in the Championship from the start of next season to further his chances of breaking into the club's first-team plans.
"If I had the right team in the Championship I will progress, get stronger and gain experience," he added.
He has been training with Stoke's senior squad since returning to fitness, but doesn't know how far off the first team he is.
"I haven't really had a proper conversation with the manager about that."
Two fine keepers meet: Page 49