Sporting quiz: So you think you are a Potteries sports fan
1) When Kenwyne Jones netted his fourth Europa League goal for Stoke City, he pulled level with who as the club's joint top scorer in competitive matches against continental opposition?
2) Who were the two winners on the night Premier League Snooker returned to Biddulph in September?
3) Which dressage stalwart from Combridge, near Uttoxeter, earned an Olympic call up for the fourth time?
4) Who did then-Crewe star Nick Powell have to borrow boots from after forgetting his own when the Alex had a pre-League Two play-off final training session at Arsenal in May?
5) How did darts player Andy Hamilton, from Dresden, follow in the footsteps of JK Rowling in March?
6) How many fans did Dagenham and Redbridge take to Vale Park for their League Two match against Port Vale in October?
7) Which former Port Vale player's match-worn shirt did Tom Pope admit he had hung on his bedroom wall in Sneyd Green as a boy?
8) What projectile travelling at 30.96 miles per hour on March 24 made millions of people gasp around the world?
9) Which batsman scored 158 to help Staffordshire save their Eastern Division clash with Norfolk in July?
10) Who was Adrian Lewis, from Cross Heath, playing in the World Championship semi-finals in January when he complained of a draught on stage before coming back from 5-1 down to win 6-5?
11) Why was April 28 a bad day for then-Port Vale keeper Chris Martin?
12) How many games did Crewe Alexandra go unbeaten in the league from February until May to set a new club record?
13) What height did Steve Lewis, from Light Oaks, clear to set a new British record in July, a month before he finished fifth at the Olympics?
14) Which indoor tug-of-war team are regarded as the undisputed all-time best in the country after collecting all six national titles up for grabs in December?
15) Who fought serious back injury, a broken shoulder, fractured ribs and being attacked by three Dobermans to follow up her three Potteries Marathon victories with a first Potters 'Arf title in June?
16) It was revealed in September that Peter Crouch had what delivered to Stoke City's training ground?
17) Tom Pope became the fastest player since who to reach double figures in a season's scoring charts for Port Vale?
18) Where did Anna Watkins's grandmother Phyllis Gell receive a huge round of applause on the day Watkins, from Longsdon, won Olympic gold in double sculls rowing in August?
19) Where did globe-trotting Jacqui Slack, from Bradeley, take on the sea, mountains and sand to finish fifth in the Xterra off-road triathlon World Championships in November?
20) Who did Fenton flyweight Chris Edwards lose his British title to in Liverpool in October?
21) Which striker who left Stoke City in the summer was the club's most used substitute ever?
22) On what course did golfer David Lynn, from Trentham, earn a runner-up finish at the US PGA Championship?
23) What was special about the three new national veterans' record times set by cyclist Barry Charlton, from Hanford, in 2012?
24) What team did one-time potential Port Vale owner Keith Ryder tell fans he supported in April?
25) Which cyclist won the Stoke and Staffordshire stage of the Tour of Britain in September?
26) From which club did Stoke City buy Geoff Cameron, below, for £1.6m in July?
27) When Ryan Shawcross made his international debut in November, he became the ninth Stoke City player to be capped by England since the Second World War. Name the others.
28) How many cup games did Norton United play in the 2011-12 season, in between winning promotion from the North West Counties League Division One?
29) How were the Olympic dreams of Kieran Martin and Jade Rogers quashed, temporarily, in June?
30) Which former Stoke right-back launched a fashion blog in August?
31) Which team have lost each of their 41 league matches since the start of last season, scoring 24 goals and conceding 315 along the way?
32) Which North Staffordshire and South Cheshire Cricket League Premier Division bowler was called up for international duty in December?
33) Why did table tennis player Brian Johns refuse to gloat about his victory in a Sentinel Cup semi-final on the way to Norton claiming a 12th successive title?
34) Why did bowls player Pete Sromek have to thank his wife after helping Norton Central be crowned Sentinel Cup champions for the first time in August?
35) Why did the Sentinel offer the translation "Pateé una pelota contra una pared hasta que se reventa" in February?
36) How many players in the Crewe Alex team which beat Cheltenham at Wembley in May had come through the club's academy?
37) Which Trentham all-rounder won Youth Winter Olympics silver in the bobsleigh and long jump bronze at the World Junior Athletics Championships?
38) Which football team won the Sentinel Sunday Cup in April, a month after they lifted the Staffs FA TB Williamson Cup?
39) Which sprinter from Birches Head was crowned UK 100m champion in June?
40) Which team dropped out of Division Three of the North Staffordshire and South Cheshire Cricket League into the Stone League in September?
41) Who became Port Vale's all-time tallest player in October?
42) Who captained Leek to a first North Staffs and South Cheshire Cricket League title since 2001?
43) Which two Newcastle Town netball players were called up for England under-19s in April?
44) Who became the sixth Stafford and Stone paddler to represent the club at the Olympics during London 2012?
45) What was the injury which prevented Newcastle runner Emma Jackson from running true to form in the 800m UK trials in June, leading her to miss a call-up for the Olympics?
46) What was the name of the horse equestrian hero Lee Pearson, from Cheddleton, rode to one more Paralympic gold medal in September?
47) Crewe Alexandra captain Luke Murphy clocked up his 150th appearance for the club in October while he was still just 22 – but which player through history had made the most appearances for the Alex by that age?
48) Which 16-year-old, from Meir, won both the junior and senior national indoor women's recurve archery titles in December?
49) Name the former UK number one from Alsager who quit elite pole vaulting in October after breaking a wrist at the Olympics?
50) Where did Clayton McDonald score his first goal for Port Vale in November?
Answers revealed tomorrow.