South Cheshire link to World Menopause Day
TV's Well-loved Dr Chris Steele Supports World Menopause Day in the UK
· 18th October 2012 - World Menopause Day
· In the UK, nearly 4.5 million women will be starting or going through the early stages of the menopause.
· In addition to these figures, research at Imperial College London in 2011 showed that 7.4% of women are going through the menopause before 40.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
· Early menopause which has not resulted from surgery has been linked to lifestyle, smoking and PFCs: chemicals used in packaging and non-stick saucepans which are associated with lower levels of oestrogen in the blood.
· 70% of women in their menopause will experience one or more symptoms, the most common of which are hot flushes, night sweats and mood swings.
· Dr Chris has been supporting Yvette Hastings' Menopause Awareness Campaign since 2004. This year, they are focusing on promoting awareness of menopause symptoms.
"Forty Shades of Menopause", a booklet written by Yvette's team at Novanutri Ltd based at Sandbach, South Cheshire, describes the range of symptoms which women may experience when they are going through the change.
Novanutri has a free helpline which women can call to speak to someone who understands what they are going through.
"The menopause is a difficult time in many women's lives, but recognising the issues early on means that they can look to find solutions which can help minimise the problem," said Dr Chris Steele.
"As helping people to quit smoking is one of the things I feel passionate about, it concerns me that smoking has been linked to earlier menopause. The more we can inform women about this, the better for them and their families".
Yvette added: "I went through an early menopause brought on by an enforced hysterectomy and suddenly being thrown into a life of hot sweats, bad sleep and lack of energy was quite depressing. I am so delighted to have met Dr Chris on an ITV chat show and his support over the years has given comfort to a lot of women."
Notes for Editors
Dr Chris Steele, MBE, is a UK family GP with over 35 years' experience in the medical profession. As the resident doctor for over 25 years on ITV's 'This Morning' show, not to mention radio broadcasts, written articles and appearances across the globe, Dr Chris has a unique and specialised perspective on the important matters that affect our health.
To share support through her experiences, Yvette set up Novanutri which was, in its inception, created to help women going through the menopause. Novanutri now also offers HRT alternatives with proven safety and efficacy for women, including menopause test kits along with a growing range of other beneficial health products.