Smoke at incinerator caused by burst pipe
THE FIRE service received dozens of calls from people who believed they were witnessing a huge fire at the city's incinerator on Saturday.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service were inundated with calls from concerned onlookers to the incinerator at Sideway off the A500.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
But bosses at the waste disposal unit have confirmed the excessive steam was caused by a burst pipe in their boiler.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: "The calls started coming in at around 2.13pm from members of the public reporting smoke coming from the windows.
"We assigned a pump from Hanley and from Longton but we spoke to the incinerator owners and they told us we weren't required as there was a problem with the boiler."