Port Vale look at Jennison Myrie-Williams and Liam Chilvers
JENNISON Myrie-Williams and Liam Chilvers are both on Port Vale's radar as the club chase half-a-dozen new players to build a team which can challenge for promotion.
Manager Micky Adams has scoured the list of released players published by the PFA this week and come up with an A and B list of targets.
Those contain winger Myrie-Williams and centre-half Chilvers, who impressed while on loan in Burslem last season.
Both have now been released by their parent clubs, and while Vale assistant boss Mark Grew admitted an interest in the duo, he said no approaches had yet been made.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
He explained: "There are some people who have been released this summer who we would love to sign.
"There are players who could play in the Championship, and you never know at this stage how things are going to drop. We want to bring in quality.
"Liam and Jennison will both be on our list of targets because they did so well here on loan, but that doesn't necessarily mean any deals are imminent.
"Jennison was excellent for us, while Liam played very well before going back to Notts County and winning his place back."
Chilvers, aged 30, told The Sentinel earlier this week he would consider a move back to Burslem.
At the moment, Vale have 15 senior players signed up for next season, including transfer-listed midfielder Ryan Burge.
Rookie wide man Ryan Lloyd is expected to pen a new deal to make it 16, but the club are also waiting to hear whether goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson and young defender Joe Davis will agree terms.
The clock is ticking down on the duo, who may be forced into decisions next week.
Grew added: "Our squad is small at the moment and we want to bring in five or six new faces. If Stuart and Joe decide to go then we will have to bring in a couple more."