Mum and three children escape Bentilee house fire
A MOTHER and her three children escaped from a house fire in the early hours of this morning.
The blaze on Hamner Green, Bentilee, was reported to Staffordshire fire and rescue at 3.55am.
The fire was caused by a grill that had been left on.
A spokesperson said: “She had awoken to some smoke that alerted her to the fire. It involved a grill on the cooker and that is what caused it.
SCHC38DB DAB+ HiFi system with bluetooth & new iDock
Was £199.97 May offer £179.97
SAVE AN EXTRA £15 with this voucher ONLY £154.90
SAVING £45 total
To buy for only £154.90 print this voucher and call in at Hanley to see us, car park behind store.
Panasonic experts at the West Midlands destination Store found in Hanley city centre ST1 1EF
Contact: 01782 342609
Valid until: Thursday, June 06 2013
“All persons were accounted for when we arrived and they had managed to get out of the house.”
Two appliances from Hanley attended the fire and one from Longton.
Two breathing apparatus were brought into use and one hose reel jet.
The family were taken to the University hospital of North Staffordshire but have since been discharged with minor injuries.