MAP: The top 10 Staffordshire Valentine's venues
Do you know that the food you serve a loved one has a hidden meaning?
Pub restaurant chain Fayre & Square which has pubs across Staffordshire has created a Valentine’s menu designed with the ingredients of love.
Explains Helen Wallace, brand manager: “The menu has been designed with the ingredients of love in mind; Chocolate and Chillies which are known to release endorphins and increase the heart rate, Spinach thought to increase your desire, and Basil which is meant to be an aphrodisiac.
“From these ingredients we made a lovebirds menu that features a choice of four starters including a sharing platter for two, five main courses with the Salmon & Sweet Chilli Noodles to get the sparks flying, and topped off with a Cookie Dough Pizza to end the night on a high.”
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
“We are positive guests that visit us for Valentines will have a night to remember! Our Staffordshire pubs; Catch Corner in Stafford, Chase Gate in Cannock, Darlaston Inn in Stone, will all be offering the Valentines deal from Friday February 8 until Sunday February 17.”
The Fayre & Square offering costs £25 for two dining including a three course meal and a glass of wine.
So if that’s whetted your appetite, here are 10 places where love is sure to be in the air on February 14.
1. Post House – with billions of Valentine Cards sent around the world, why not mark the occasion with a meal at a former Post Office? Chetwynd House became Stafford’s General Post Office in 1914 although was originally built in 1746 by William Chetwynd of Brocton. It closed as a Post Office in 2008 and is now The Post House with a bistro, restaurant and bar and club.
The Post House Stafford, Restaurant, Bar, Club, 35 Greengate Street, Stafford, ST16 2HZ T: 01785 231450
2. Indian cuisine – The Lal Bagh has created a mouth-watering menu for Valentine’s Day. Start the evening with a papdom with onion salad and mint sauce appetiser before a choice of starters and main course with a side dish and sundries. All for £19.95 per person.
The Lal Bagh, 9 Bird Street, Lichfield, WS13 6PW T: 01543 262697
3. Unusual dishes – if a taste of adventure is for you and your loved one then check out No 5 Gaol Mews where a fillet of Kangaroo, ostrich and crocodile can be found on the menu when available. This family-run traditional restaurant is just outside Stafford and is housed in an old bottling barn.
No 5 Gaol Mews, Stafford, ST16 3AN T: 01785 229900
4. Book early – bosses at The Fox & Goose Restaurant and Inn recommend early bookings for its special event menus such as for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Christmas Day. It has a range of menus from traditional pub favourites through to ‘something a little more special’.
The Fox and Goose, Foxt, ST10 2HN T: 01538 266415
5. Create your own? –cooking for a loved one can be great fun and Aston Marina offers the option to buy ingredients from the farm shop to create your own romantic meal or the chance to treat that someone special to a romantic meal in its waterside bistro. The Marina’s Farm Shop boasts a butchery, deli , sandwich bar, fruit and veg as well as bread, cakes and groceries.
Aston Marina, Lichfield Road, Stone, ST15 8QU T: 01785 819702
6. Musical treat – according to Shakespeare if music be the food of love play on and at Chandlers in Lichfield there’s a three course dinner and live music for £35 per person at its Valentine’s Dinner 2013. Acoustic guitarist/vocalist Joel Darkes will be playing. He first performed at Birmingham Symphony Hall aged 14 and now fronts a band called the Return. Chandlers features in the Michelin and Which Good Food Guides 2012/13.
Chandlers, Corn Exchange, Conduit Street, Lichfield, WS13 6JU T: 01543 416688
7. Cupid’s Arrow – love is all around Netherstowe House this Valentine’s Day. From February 8 to 16, there’s a special cupid menu in the Fine Dining Restaurant while February 9 sees a Cupcake Class with a Valentine’s Theme. And on February 14 itself there’s a St Valentine’s Day Gourmet Dinner complete with candle light. The family run hotel can trace its history to the 12th century so there’s plenty for sparking conversation.
Netherstowe House, Netherstowe Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6AY T: 01543 254270
8. Pub grub – a Valentine’s Menu has been created at the Shire Horse in Stafford. The Chef and Brewer pub is described as: “Great for a meal with family or friends or a romantic meal for two, our menu and daily changing specials will delight all palates and appetites.” On the menu include starters to share and scrumptious delights for dessert including Chocolate and Caramel Torte or Eton Mess cheesecake.
Shire Horse, 1 Hurricane Close, Stafford, ST16 1GZ T: 01785 270700
9. Rural treat – Restaurant Gilmore at Strine’s Farm is offering a special Valentine’s Dinner from February 14-16. Arrive at 7.30pm for 8pm and be greeted with Valentine’s bubbly on arrival. A four-course dinner plus coffee is £40 per person. The original Restaurant Gilmore was in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter but closed in 2,000 to allow Paul and Dee Gilmore to pursue their dream of owning a farmhouse restaurant. Restaurant Gilmore at Strine’s Farm opened in November 2003. Booking is advisable as there is seating for 24 people.
Restaurant Gilmore at Strine’s Farm, Beamhurst, Uttoxeter, ST14 5DZ T: 01889 507100
10. Murmur sweet nothings – where better to murmur sweet nothings to a loved one than in the hometown of Dr Samuel Johnson who published the first dictionary in 1755. 1709 The Brasserie is named after Dr Johnson’s birthdate and is set in a medieval building although it promises diners won’t find 18th century food on the menu.
1709 the brasserie, 3-5 Lombard Street, Lichfield, WS13 6DP T: 01543 257986