Firefighters tackle blaze at home in Meir Hay
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze at a home after flames spread from a garage roof.
It took six fire officers around an hour to extinguish the fire at a house in Tarragon Drive, Meir Hay, this afternoon.
A neighbour dialled 999 after spotting the fire.
Call WHITEGATES Today 01782 209935 ..Limited offer. Available only up on production of voucher. Sell your home for £399 plus vat.* #EPC is required to market your home not included in offer.
Terms: *Upfront payment, non-refundable in the event of property remaining unsold, being withdrawn from the market or being sold by another agent, yourself or by any other means.#EPC £62.50 plus vat
Contact: 01782 209 935
Valid until: Thursday, July 04 2013
Crews from Hanley, Cheadle and Longton attended the scene and found the house was empty.
A spokesperson for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue said: "We received a call at 4.11pm about a fire in a domestic garage.
"The fire had spread to the adjacent house. It was extinguished by 5.05pm.
"It is thought that the fire was ignited accidentally."